Microsoft Exchange Server, the cornerstone of Microsoft’s Unified Communications solution, is a flexible and reliable messaging platform that can help you lower your messaging costs, increase productivity with anywhere access to business communications, and safeguard your business with protection and compliance capabilities that help you manage risk.
- Integrated archiving and discovery capabilities.
- Unified mailbox resilience model that provides high availability, disaster recovery, and back up capabilities.
- Ability to easily delegate administration to specialized users, such the help desk or a compliance officer.
- Comprehensive information protection capabilities—from e-mail moderation to automatic e-mail encryption.
- The choice to run Exchange on-premises, as a service hosted by Microsoft or as a hybrid of both.
- A consistent inbox, calendaring, and contacts experience across the PC, browser and phone.
- Integrated conversation view bringing together information across all folders, inbox and sent and deleted items.
- Ability to ignore irrelevant conversations with the click of a button.
- Text preview of voice mail messages in the inbox.
- New Call Answering Rules to easily create customized voice mail rules, such as call transfer options.
- Mail Tips to notify users about potential mistakes before they send e-mail.