The Enhance phase builds either upon a customers existing Office 365 implementation or on a successful Commence phase. The Enhance phase focuses on building out the initial capabilities provided by Office 365 to ensure that they have the desired business impact and that this is optimised where possible to ensure a return on investment in the Office 365 platform. Typical Enhance phases consist of:
- Mailbox Migration – the full movement of mailboxes from on premise environments to Exchange Online, enabling the removal of the on premise infrastructure and associated costs.
- SharePoint Enhancement – the creation of additional or enhanced SharePoint elements. This may consist of building out areas for more of the business or refinement of the existing features or branding. Further work may be required on the information architecture and the associated content types and metadata to provide a consistent tagging and retrieval (Search) mechanism across the organisation.
- SharePoint Adoption – support to define and implement a suitable SharePoint governance model to own and manage the use of SharePoint within the organisation and to create the necessary collateral to inform uses of the new environment and ensure that they are supported before, during and after it’s implementation.
- Content migrate – support to migrate content to SharePoint or OneDrive for Business from existing file shares, on premise SharePoint, 3rd party content management solutions or personal storage. Content migration can be conducted either manually or by automated tools but any approach should be carefully considered as a migration to the cloud typically offers the rare opportunity for a “fresh start”.
- Yammer – the create or integration of the enterprise social platform Yammer to the Office 365 experience to provide users with a Facebook type environment for business and social interaction within a secure environment.
- Office ProPlus deployment – if Office is not being installed via the Office 365 Portal then support may be required to package and deploy Office or it’s constituent parts via more traditional methods such as Microsoft System Center (SCCM), Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) or Active Directory.
Whatever your specific requirement for the Enhance phase, we can work with you to define a suitable package of work to either upskill your existing resource to conduct the activities themselves or to completely take ownership of the tasks and conduct the full execution on your behalf.