The Commence package is offered as a fixed price engagement (based on meeting a set of key criteria) and offers a competitive option to conduct an initial, production ready, deployment of Office 365 services and subsequent pilot.
Starting with the Assess phase, our consultants will work to familarise key members of your team with the Office 365 suite and generate a customised roadmap and business case specific to your needs to ensure that the value of your investment in cloud services is identified and realised as early within any implementation project as possible. Additionally a clear set of objectives will be defined for the Pilot to ensure that these can be monitored and achieved during the phase.
Once the Roadmap is defined and agreed, the implementation can commence. This comprises of:
- Technical Planning – discovery and design of the Office 365 environment including identification of any readiness or remedial activities that will be required in advance of the implementation (this typically covers Active Directory, network connectivity and desktop client version updates)
- Identity Management – the sign up and configuration of a customer specific Office 365 tenant and creation and licensing of user accounts within it to enable users to access the services. Identity in Office 365 can take two forms:
- Cloud Identity – where user have a separate user name and password for Office 365 services from their normal Windows credentials.
- Federated Identity – where user names and passwords are synchronized from an existing identity management solution(typically Active Directory) to Office 365, allowing users a “Same Sign On” capability using their normal credentials.
- Office 365 Service Set Up – the set up and configuration of each of the Office 365 Services for use by the pilot user community:
- Skype4B- the configuration of Skype for Business to provide instant messaging, voice and video calls and presence information.
- SharePoint – the configuration of a simple collaboration environment for those users involved in the pilot to share and collaborate on content
- Exchange – the creation of a stand alone Exchange Online environment or a hybrid environment integrated with your existing on premise Exchange environment for the purposes of mailbox migration
- OneDrive for Business – the configuration of OneDrive for Business for pilot users
- Office ProPlus – the installation and configuration of Office ProPlus for pilot users.
Once the implementation stage is complete the Pilot can begin. We provide support to migrate and familarise up to ten users (more users can be included by prior agreement) with the new services and ensure that that are able to interact with them to successfully conduct their day to day business activities. Additionally we provide handover sessions to ensure that any existing IT or service owners are able to manage and support the new Office 365 services moving forwards
During the Pilot itself, we will provide further support to ensure that any issues or questions are swiftly resolved and that the objectives for the phase are achieved.
Upon completion of the Pilot we will work with the customer to define the next steps in terms of adding more users to the environment or conducted further configuration with the Enhance phase.