Cash Processing Solutions (CPS)
Cash Processing Solutions (CPS) are a 500 user global organisation who provide a range of high-speed cash sorting and authentication systems alongside Enterprise Cash Management software covering the entire cash lifecycle from production to destruction.
CPS are a strategic partner of De La Rue and have recently been divested from that business into an independent entity.
ElysianIT’s (EIT) relationship with CPS began in early 2017 when we engaged to assist in the separation of their IT function and systems from the main De La Rue managed estate.
The project consisted of two primary phases:
- Separation and Migration
The separation and migration phase was successfully completed over the course of just three months from our initial engagement.
A new Active Directory and PKI environment was designed and configured and a scripted process for migrating all the existing Windows7 machines and user accounts from the De La Rue domain to the new domain executed.
The user mailboxes were moved to Office 365, due to restrictions imposed by De La Rue, via a .pst export and import process directly to Exchange Online with no downtime or impact on end-users. The full configuration of the supporting policies, compliance and security features was also conducted.
A number of SharePoint 2003 farms and file shares were migrated to a combination of SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business with Skype for Business being rolled out as a replacement for on-premise Lync 2013.
The Transformation Phase then commenced, taking advantage of the new features provided by the Secure Productive Enterprise (SPE) licenses held by the customer whilst adopting a “single touch” approach to engaging users.
Transformation phase delivered the following:
- A full Windows 10 / Office 2016 rollout for the entire desktop estate
- A new secure & encrypted email solution utilising Exchange Online and Rights Management
- System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) to manage the Window10 roll out, anti-virus and path management
- Enterprise Vault archive migration to the Exchange Online archive
- Intune for the management of mobile devices
- On-premise server monitoring using Azure Operations Management Suite (OMS)
- Further refinement and enhancement of the SharePoint Online Intranet and content collaboration tools
CPS are now considering Microsoft Azure as a potential replacement for hosting the remaining server estate and take a ‘cloud-first’ approach to all IT decisions.
01256 976 650
Upper Farm, Wootton St. Lawrence,
Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG23 8PE