UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) are a 95 user NonDepartmental Public Body accountable to Parliament, based in Central London. UKAD is the national organisation dedicated to protecting a culture of clean sport. UKAD is responsible for ensuring sports bodies in the UK are compliant with the World Anti-Doping Code through implementation and management of the UK’s National AntiDoping Policy.
EIysianIT’s (EIT) relationship with UKAD began in late 2014 when we engaged to assist in the refresh of UKAD’s on-premise SharePoint Intranet. During the consultation, EIT quickly established that UKAD’s wider IT estate was both end of life, a source of wide-scale frustration and costing significant amounts of money to maintain.
We proposed a wholesale IT refresh comprising a combination of Microsoft Office 365, Azure and the EMS suite to provide both a modern desktop for the users, infrastructure hosting and increased resilience and redundancy for the business whilst also reducing the overall operational costs.
The transformation project was successfully completed over the course of four months during the summer of 2015. The transformation not only improved users productivity by providing state of the art collaboration and communication tools at the desktop, but also improved UKAD’s overall resilience as a business by removing their dependence on the availability of their offices, as all services were hosted in the cloud.
Overall the project provided the business and users with a number of modernised services including:
- A new Intranet and collaboration environment based on SharePoint Online
- Office 2013
- Lync with internet telephony integration
- New Windows mobile devices with enhanced security controls
- Improved email capability
- Cloud-based infrastructure (Azure) to host their line of business applications
- Enterprise-class IT estate security – the Microsoft Cloud advantage
Once the initial project was complete, UKAD engaged EIT to provide an ongoing IT Managed Support service; providing full IT support from the end-user to the management and maintenance of the overall estate.
EIT continue to work with UKAD to provide cost-effective improvements to their IT environment including:
- Windows 10 desktop and mobile upgrade
- Public Website re-hosting
- Enhanced perimeter security
- Further refinement and enhancement of the Intranet and content collaboration tools
EIT conduct quarterly IT Strategy and Roadmap reviews with UKAD and are considered an integral part of UKADs cloud ethos and business model.
01256 976 650
Upper Farm, Wootton St. Lawrence,
Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG23 8PE